Detoxification is a function that the body performs on a daily basis.
The body eliminates toxins via the liver, lungs, lymphatic system, skin, intestinal system and the kidneys. If one of these organ systems is not functioning optimally some toxins may not be able to leave the body.
Detoxification will assist with:
- weight loss
- skin problems
- chronic pain
- maintaining general health and wellness
- preventing more serious diseases
At Lococo Wellness Clinic we offer a detoxification program where we assess the current state of these organ systems. Wherever deficiencies are found, different treatments are prescribed to rebalance the body and enhance the detoxification process of the body.
These treatments may include all or some of the following:
What is Chelation?
Chelation Therapy pulls the toxins out of the body. Derived from the greek word ‘chele’ which refers to the claws of a crab or lobster. Chelation therapy involves either injecting chelating agents into the bloodstream or taking a chelating agent orally for the purposes of eliminating from the body undesirable substances such as heavy metals, chemical toxins, mineral deposits and fatty plaques.
Heavy Metal toxicity which includes the following:
- Mercury amalgam dental fillings
- Exposure to lead paint
- Tap water
- Chemical residues in processed foods
- Personal products (Cosmetics, Shampoo, Mouthwash, Toothpaste, Soap)
- Occupations that involve daily heavy metal exposure. Over 50 professions entail mercury exposure. (Physicians and dental workers, pharmaceutical workers, laboratory workers, hairdressers and cosmetic workers, painters and potters, printers, visual artists, photographers, welders, gravers, metal workers and battery makers, etc.)
What Conditions Can Chelation Treat?
The buildup of metals in our bodies causes free radical oxidation which damages the cells of our arteries. When the cells of the artery are damaged cholesterol accumulates and decreases the diameter of the artery which impedes blood flow. Chelation can reverse the effects of free radical oxidation, and increase the diameter of the artery.
Heart and Vascular Diseases such as:
- Coronary artery disease
- Myocardial infarction
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Cardiac arrhythmias