Intravenous Myers’ Cocktail
WHAT IS THE MYERS COCKTAIL?
The Myers cocktail is an intravenous vitamin treatment aimed at restoring health and increasing optimal functionality of the body. Dr. John Myers invented the Myers’ Cocktail in the 1960s and several studies were conducted on this therapy as a useful treatment for fibromyalgia. The Myers’ Cocktail consists of magnesium, calcium, B vitamins and vitamin C.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM MYERS COCKTAIL?
People who suffer from any of the following:
Or if you just want to improve your overall health.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FROM MY TREATMENT?
Please click HERE to read the current research on Myers’ Cocktail in treating asthma, migraines, fibromyalgia, depression, anxiety, fatigue, upper respiratory tract infections and cardiovascular disease.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
An initial consultation with one of our naturopathic doctors must occur prior to commencing treatment. The initial consultation consists of a full health history and recent blood work review, as well as intake of current health concerns. Recent blood work within the last month needs to be provided or we at Lococo Wellness Clinic can requisition it for you to assess your candidacy for intravenous Myers’ Cocktail. Once recent blood work has been reviewed by one of our naturopathic doctors and candidacy has been validated, treatment may commence.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY TREATMENT?
1. Always drink 2 large glasses of water (24 oz.) before and after your treatment, even when fasting for blood work. Being well hydrated will make inserting the IV easier and will help your kidneys to more easily flush toxins.
2. Eat a good meal before arriving for your therapy or bring a meal with you to eat during the treatment. Include protein in the meal such as eggs, nuts, meat or a protein bar or shake. Protein will help to keep the blood sugar stable during the treatment.
3. Do not drink coffee or tea prior to your treatment. Caffeine dehydrates your veins and makes it more difficult to start your IV.
4. Do not exercise 2 hours before or after your treatment.
5. Inform the Provider of any changes in medication.
6. Inform the Provider of any changes in your health status since your last treatment (chest pain, shortness of breath, weight gain/loss, leg pain, bladder problems, etc.)
7. Do not cross your legs during your treatment. The IV contents need to be able to circulate easily throughout your body.
8. The IV should not be uncomfortable. Let us know immediately if you have discomfort at the IV site.
9. Bathroom: When getting up to use the bathroom, roll the IV pole into the bathroom using your non-IV arm. If your blood backs up into the tubing, do not be alarmed. Sit down, and the fluid in the drip chamber should continue and the blood will return back to you. If this does not happen, tell your Provider immediately.
10. Do not stand up too quickly during or after treatment, to avoid dizziness.
ANY SIDE EFFECTS TO THE INTRAVENOUS TREATMENT?
Side effects that may occur with an Intravenous Treatment are as follows:
Pain and invasiveness of injection
WHAT TRAINING IS REQUIRED TO BECOME CERTIFIED IN IV THERAPY?
Our Naturopathic Doctors are licensed in IV Therapy. To become licensed they must take an accredited IV Therapy course and write a practical and written exam to pass. Once this is completed IV emergency and Procedure courses must be taken along with annual CPR training.